Mindfulness for your everyday life
Benefits of mindfulness
Mindfulness is a form of meditation that focuses on the present moment. Mindfulness originated as a Buddhist practice and is now proven by contemporary research to have many health benefits. A study conducted at Northern Arizona University found that regular mindfulness training had the following results:
- Stronger immune system and physiological response to stress and negative emotions.
- Improved social relationships and interactions
- Reduced stress, anxiety and depression and increased happiness
- Increased openness to experience, conscientiousness and agreeableness
- Greater psychological awareness and clarity.
Click here more information about the science of mindfulness.